A psycho-educational assessment is often initiated in response to concerns reported at school level about an student’s cognitive skills, learning, attention and/or behavior. Psycho-educational assessments typically evaluate thinking/reasoning skills, underlying processing skills (i.e., memory, attention, executive functioning), academic achievement (i.e., math, reading, writing), social/emotional functioning and behavior.
The goal of a psycho-educational assessment is to identify the students’ strengths and weaknesses in all of these areas in order to determine appropriate interventions and/or support. A diagnosis is made when appropriate. Diagnosis is often the gatekeeper to services in elementary, high school, colleges and university.
In-centre or Virtual assessments available!
1. Intake interview (onsite/phone/virtual)
2. Clinical Interview with parents, child/adolescent or young adult and teacher when applicable (on site/phone/virtual)
3. Testing (on site or virtual)
4. Questionnaire completion (parent/teacher)
5 . Scoring and formulation
6 . Feedback to parents and/or young person
DSM-5 diagnoses that may be identified include:
- Specific Learning Disorder
- Impairment in reading
- Impairment in math
- Impairment in writing
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Anxiety Disorder
- Intellectual Disability
- Communication Disorders
If you have concerns about your child’s school performance, please call. We can help.
COST: typically $2700 – $3200 ($200.00 per hour)