CONGRATS DR.LIZ !!!!
We are an approved provider on the Autism Ontario Approved Provider List.
AUTISM SERVICES IN ONTARIO
As the provincial model continues to change, Step by Step Learning Group (SBSLG) will continue to provide the services that support growth in our children with ASD and their families. We strongly believe all children have the right to reach their full potential.
SBSLG available in
What are you looking for?
* Behavioral Assessment
* Respite in-centre services
* Evidence Based Behavioral Services (1-1, small group, in-home, centre-based)
* The 'Littles" Model (12 months to 36 months - a hybrid of ABA and naturalistic play based model)
* Parent Coaching
* Direct Instruction (Language for Learning, Language for Thinking, Corrective Reading, Reading Mastery, Distar Math, Saxon Math)
* Psycho-educational Assessment
We want to help.
Contact Carmine at 905-846-7700 or at email@example.com.
WHERE'S MY MONEY???
Please go to the Ministry website for more information www.ontario.ca/autism.
- If your child was on the OAP wait list before April 1, 2019 then your are on the new OAP wait list and the Ministry's Central Intake and Referral Team will be in contact with you shortly.
- If your child was diagnosed or needs to be place on the wait list after April 1, 2019, please contact the Ontario Autism Program Central Intake and Registration Team (CIRT) to register. Toll free number: 1-888-444-4530
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
FOR AN ASSESSMENT BY THE BOARD,
YOUR CHILD’S BEST EDUCATION IS WAITING.
Lisa Thompson has announced a number of changes to the province’s education system. Many School Psychologists have been terminated at our surrounding boards. The resources are getting slimmer day by day. Identification of your child as an "Exceptional Learner" within the school board guarantees change moving forward.
As the education system changes, SBSLG will continue to be committed to assist families in learning how their child learns and retains information. Psycho-educational assessment is a process of testing that uses a variety of techniques and tools to form a hypothesis of learning, behavior and capabilities. A psycho-educational assessment identifies areas of strength and weakness in a student’s learning profile and provides a deeper understanding of their educational abilities. It can identify Learning Disabilities, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Intellectual Disabilities, and reading (dyslexia), writing (Dysgraphia) and math (Dyscalculia) challenges that can interfere with learning and success.
Assessment often leads to identification and the development of an Individual Education Plan (IEP) within the education system. The IEP creates an opportunity for teachers, parents, school administrators, related services personnel, and students (when appropriate) to work together to improve educational results for children. The IEP is thought to be the cornerstone of quality education for each child with a learning difference.