The SBSLG assessment team specializes in assessing children, adolescents and young adults with a variety of developmental and learning challenges. Our assessments are completed by a registered School and Child Clinical Psychologist, are offered at our main location in Brampton and can be arranged in Satellite locations.
- Don't Wait - Early ASD Diagnosis
- Developmental Assessment
- Psycho-Educational Assessment
- Gifted Assessment
- Behavioral Assessment
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Evidence Based Behavioral Services provided by SBSLG
- Registered Behavior Technician
- Board Certified Associate Behavior Analyst (registered or in-training)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (in training)
Any assessment may result in a diagnosis. A diagnosis is the process of determining whether or not the challenges affecting the individual meet the criteria for a Psychological Disorder as defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual: Fifth Edition. Diagnosis is meaningful to the extent that it results in practical and effective interventions.
It is important to remember that when making a diagnosis it may be important to rule out other conditions (e.g., Intellectual Disability versus Autism Spectrum Disorder) and/or to identify co-morbid conditions (e.g., co-occurrence of Intellectual Disability and Autism Spectrum Disorder).
All assessments include a detailed report describing the child’s/adolescents/young adults’ strengths and needs, diagnosis (if applicable) and recommendations.