Behavioral Intervention refers to the use of principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to change socially significant behavior. It is an approach to teaching that has been empirically demonstrated to increase positive behavior and decrease unwanted behavior more so than any other treatment approach. According to the literature, Behavior Intervention works well with all children but children starting earlier make the most significant gains. Research strongly recommends early intensive Behavioral Intervention for children diagnosed with ASD and encourages parents to start therapy as early as possible.
SBSLG Team Members:
The Clinical Supervisor or Psychologist is responsible for reviewing and being part of the assessment and writing of the individual program plan for each child. The Clinical Supervisor/Psychologist observes and gives feedback and suggestions to the Behavior Therapists on an on-going basis.
- Behavior Therapist
- Clinical Supervisor
- Resource Consultant
Who is this program for:
- Children birth to 3 years of age to 9 years
- Children who have a diagnosis of ASD or who would benefit from 1-1 instruction
- Families that live within a 30 km radius of 1 Regan Road, Brampton (Vankirk & Bovaird)
- Individual curriculum assessment
- Individual Program Plan
- Individual intervention sessions in centre
All packages include a Strengths and Needs Assessment and an Individual Program Plan.
Centre-Based: $60.00 per hour
In-Home: $90.00 per hour
Individualize your package:
- add 1-hour blocks of service ($60.00 per hour)
- hours may range from 1 to 18 hours per day