Behavioral Intervention or evidence-based behavioral services (EBBS) refers to the use of the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to change socially significant behavior. It is an approach to teaching that has been empirically demonstrated to increase positive behavior and decrease unwanted behavior more so than any other treatment approach. It requires trained clinical staff. At SBSLG, we offer both intensive behavioral intervention (IBI – more than 16 hours per week) and focused behavioral intervention (FBI – less than 15 hours per week).
According to the literature, Behavior Intervention works well with all children but children starting earlier make the most significant gains. Research strongly recommends early intensive Behavioral Intervention for children diagnosed with ASD and encourages parents to start therapy as early as possible.
SBSLG Team Members:
Both our intensive and focused BI programs include the support of the Clinical Supervisor and/or Psychologist who is responsible for participating in and overseeing the assessment, the development of the individual program plan for each child and the continued supervision of staff and program. The Clinical Supervisor/Psychologist observes and gives feedback and suggestions to the Behavior Therapists on an on-going basis.
- Behavior Therapist
- Clinical Supervisor
- Resource Consultant
Who is this program for:
- Children birth to 3 years of age to 9 years
- Children who have a diagnosis of ASD or who would benefit from 1-1 instruction
- Families that live within a 30 km radius of 1 Regan Road, Brampton (Vankirk & Bovaird)
- Individual strengths and needs/curriculum assessment
- Individual Program Plan
- Individual intervention sessions in-centre or in-home if centre is at capacity
- parent/guardian support and training
- school collaboration
Centre-Based: $60.00 per hour
In-Home: $90.00 per hour
Individualize your package:
- add 1-hour blocks of service ($60.00 or $90.00 per hour)
- hours may range from 1 to 20 hours per week
How do I get started?
- call 905-846-7700 and ask for Carmine for a free phone consultation. She will discuss with you what we have available and what may be the best option for your family.
- set up an in-centre visit
- set up a date for your child’s assessment and determine an intervention start date – you will receive information on your child’s assessment performance on the first day of intervention
- receive, review and provide informed consent for your child’s Individual Program Plan (IPP)
- start dates are available at anytime
- spaces are available on a first-come-first serve basis or if if/when there is availability within a particular classroom